jueves, 26 de mayo de 2016

{Serrano Ham & Manchego Cheese Pinwheels}

These pinwheels were inspired by my trip to cooking school this fall.  The chefs at cooking school grilled a piece of serrano ham wrapped manchego cheese and served it with our salad.  It was amazing!  I knew I had to come home and put my own spin on it.  I decided to make these Serrano Ham & Manchego Cheese Pinwheels.  They were fantastic.  I had a hard time finding serrano ham, but I eventually found it at Sam's Club and World Market.  Manchego cheese is readily available in the deli cheese section at the grocery store.  These pinwheels were delicious and would be a great addition to your Super Bowl menu on Sunday.

1 sheet puff pastry sheets , thawed (1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package)
1 1/2 oz serrano ham
1 oz manchego cheese, grated
ranch dressing
brown mustard

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface, and top with the cheese.  Top cheese with serrano ham.

Starting at a short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into about 16 slices.  Place the slices, cut-side down, onto baking sheet.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.  Serve with ranch dressing or brown mustard for dipping, if desired.

Read more at http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/02/serrano-ham-manchego-cheese-pinwheels.html#QHdDTkpZolRrxVr2.99

Fuentewww.plainchicken.com

No hay comentarios: